07 January 2008

Tagalicious

I always love new and creative blog topics- shout out to Rachel for this fun little tag!

7 Things I Learned in 2007
1. I can hold my own in an intellectual debate with my Dad. Finally!
2. Laughing at yourself comes off to most people as confidence.
3. People are more drawn to you if you are focused more on being happy rather than making them happy.
4. "The Secret"-- believe it and it can happen. This is true regarding personal goals, automotive troubles, and bargian shopping.
5. A truely great outfit will generate as many compliments as raised eyebrows.
6. I am a zillion times more appreciative of opportunities, blessings, and accomplishments if I work towards them on my own rather than being handed them on a silver platter.
7. Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold. (I ripped this off from my days as a Brownie, but it felt especially poignant this year)

7 Goals for 2008
1. Graduate!!!!
2. Read one non-fiction book each month. (I feel kinda silly saying this- remember that scene from Clueless? "Mine will be 'Fit or Fat'...")
3. Awaken my inner Buddha (related to #2)
4. Better time management, including getting myself on a regular sleeping schedule- no more ridiculous late nights or super late mornings.
5. Go on a trip to somewhere I've never been (I keep wanting to party at the Jersey Shore, but I can't seem to talk anyone into that one...)
6. Be more openly grateful. Three words: Thank You Notes.
7. Make more memories, take more pictures!

*As before, I tag everyone. Kind of a cop out, but if you're on my list of links then I'm clearly interested in what you have to say. Duh.

3 comments:

Rae said...

I will come to your party at the Jersey Shores. It's certainly not too far!
One recommendation, relish in your late nights and late mornings....one day they'll be gone and you won't have the option and it's so, so sad.

paintingyoupretty said...

Bargain shopping! I just discovered the wonder of it! Also, I would definitely be one to compliment your stunning outfit!

Unknown said...

First of all. Clueless is on my top 10 list of favorite movies so I love that one of your goals is to read "one non-school book" a month.

Also, don't you write thanks you cards at work? That's being grateful isn't it? JK