23 August 2010

This is Why I'm Fat: Fair Food Edition

I went home to Boise this weekend to watch my sister and her horse compete in the fair. More on that later (after I get the pictures from Karen). First, I would like to discuss the best part of the fair: the food!

Main Courses
The Twisted Spud.....a spiral cut potato on a stick....deep fried, of course. 

Sweet. Potato. Tots. Amaaaaaaazing!

A little sampler buffet we put together: sweet potato tots, nachos, Hawaiian noodles, an onion blossom. Not pictured: Corn dogs, cheese fries, frozen lemonade. 

Desserts
Elephant Ear. An old fair classic with a modern twist: Maple frosting. It was basically a giant donut.

A Bluth Banana.

Deep Fried Twinkie.

An Idaho specialty: The Ice Cream Potato. A spud-shaped ball of ice cream, rolled in cocoa powder, topped with whipped cream, nuts, and oreos. 

9 comments:

Karen Decker said...

I certainly hope you guys didn't eat ALL of this stuff. My tummy aches just seeing it all!

Katherine Fajen said...

OH.
MY.
GOSH.

Girl, you did that fair RIGHT.

Laurel said...

I really want an ice cream potato, a Bluth banana, and some sweet potato tots right now.

Anonymous said...

I am down with all of your choices but I need some help with the Ice Cream Potato.... Please confirm that this is not an actual potato, it looks alarmingly identical to an actual spud and I cannot get behind that. You need to come to the Del Mar Fair next year.... xo andrea

Michael and Megan said...

i'm going to boise on this week. you can never miss the idaho state fair!

elise said...

Sweet Potato Tots? Does life get better than that?!

Amber P said...

I truly believe that fair food tastes better because it is served by carnies

Alan said...

I'm pretty sure I said no nuts...

Alan said...

I'm pretty sure I said no nuts...