23 August 2010

Music Monday

My flight back from Boise left at 6am this morning, and I drove straight from the airport into work. Needless to say, I am feeling more than a little tired. So in honor of my groggy demeanor, the theme of today's Music Monday is: Songs I Listen to When I Get Ready in the Morning (it's a long list this week...editing isn't one of my talents)






Shooting Stars
Alone
Long Distance Call
Little Secrets
Fader
Half Mast
Rich Girls
The Sound


Genre-wise, this last song doesn't fit into this virtual mix-tape at ALL, but it's one of my absolute favorites. It's all about variety, people. I've been known to crank this up and put it on repeat while I put on my makeup and pretend that I live in a David Hockney painting. This song is also a bridge to next week's theme...
California Soul


(ps: Apparently there was a tiny bit of confusion last week...we're all aware of the fact that when you follow these links to stream the songs, there is also an extremely useful button in the upper right corner so that you can add them to your own personal library...right? )