30 August 2010

Music Monday

Last week I alluded to this week's theme with California Soul. I discovered said song while watching a Mad Men marathon a couple of years ago-- AMC was using the song to promote the new season of the show. Thank heavens for Shazam. Which is exactly what the following songs have in common: Songs That I Shazammed off of TV/Movies.

  • I've seen both of the Disney Earth Day specials the day they were released, which is due in part to the phenomenal songs they used in their trailers: Earth and Oceans.
  • I watch a lot of tv, and a lot of those tv shows have great songs (especially anything that Josh Schwartz or Rob Thomas have ever worked on). Examples found here, here, and here.
  • I also watch a lot of sappy romantic comedies, and two of the worst ones I've ever watched have introduced two phenomenal songs to my library: This one and this one. (You don't really think I'd really divulge WHICH bad movies they were, did you?)
  • Lastly...have you seen the trailer for the new Reese Witherspoon movie? That song isn't too bad either...

1 comment:

STEVEN said...

1. I think the "Oceans" song is probably your best find ever. Everytime I hear it, I just wanna splash around in the water.

2. Good Luck Chuck and...I have no idea. Have you been seeing crappy chick flicks without me?