04 October 2010

Music Monday

I have been hoping, waiting, and praying for it to be fall for weeks now. This Seattle-bred gal likes her rainy days. So you can imagine my delight when I woke up to see the following forecast:
Beautiful, glorious, wonderfully cloudy, drizzly days alllllllll week long. To celebrate the arrival of rain boots, scarves, and "sweatah weathah," I present this week's music monday: Songs for Singing in the Rain

The classics: here and here.

The classic rock: here.

In a huge Fleetwood Mac phase right now (perhaps a clue to an upcoming Music Monday theme?) Rain-related Stevie Nicks here

The classic 80s pop: here.

The classic 90s grunge pop: here.

And some newer jams: here here and here

And for those of you who are fans of the Italian rap genre (who isn't, right?), I present a very special track here.  "Piove" is the Italian word for rain.

2 comments:

Katherine Fajen said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this.

na said...

I like that your comment box pops up. That is the only correct choice for a comment box besides simple expanding upon selecting but still, it is unquestionably inferior to the pop-up box.

I love rain. And if I could in fact marry it I would. And then divorce probably after a few months. An annulment in most states actually.